Zo is 34 months old today. I am listening to our Zoey playlist right now (Charlie Brown by Coldplay, Skinny Love by Bon Iver, Alone by Trampled By Turtles, etc.) as Zoey, Ben and I play “star party” in the bathroom with the door closed and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. These are the moments we need to remember. I can’t forget these. I just burst when they happen. I can’t believe how beautiful she is. I can’t believe how grown up she is. It’s going too fast and before I know it, she’ll be celebrating her 3 year birthday.
- She loves everything Disney right now. I’m totally assuming here, but I think it may have something to do with our trip to Disney World in February. Her favorite Disney classics: Peter Pan (she has a mild crush on Captain Hook), Beauty and the Beast, and the biggest favorite… The Little Mermaid.
- She sings and talks all. the. time. She never stops. (**My mom is reading this thinking to herself, “I wonder where she got that from?**)
- She can draw people! I absolutely love her pictures and I am too embarrassed to explain the extra line she draws in a precarious spot.
- She is an archery prodigy. Ben purchased a Brave bow and arrow set for Zo. She calls it her “Merida Set”. She’s had it for a few days and she can already shoot you in the head… consistently… from 10 feet away… without help. Gulp. We took some video of her last night and I’m pretty sure it’ll be the clip they play after she wins her Olympic Gold in 2028.
- Favorite Food: Pizza. She still has a thing for donuts. I don’t think that will ever change. She is especially fond of Dunkin’ Donuts. She also love cuties and blueberries.
- Favorite Color: Since going to Disney and discovering princesses, she now says she loves pink. But if she’s picking out something and is in between colors, she usually goes for blue.
- Favorite Toys: Toothless, her stuffed Dolphin from the Clearwater Aquarium (Winter), her Merida bow and arrow, and her “princess guys” which are actually just plastic Disney action figures.
- Favorite Song(s): Let It Go… easily. Then Walkin’ On a Dream
- Favorite TV Show(s): Wally Kazam, Bubble Guppies, Olivia and Mickey Mouse Club House
- Funniest quote she’s using right now: “Believe it.” as in “Mommy, I love you. Believe it.”
- She’s so gracious and sweet. After our star party tonight, she profusely thanked Ben, Peen, Boogr, LouMan and myself for coming. Out of the blue she’ll just feel the need to tell us how much she loves us. I adore her big heart.
- Everything she says makes us laugh… and she knows it. I can’t believe the words and phrases she uses. “I inhaled that cutie.” “Daddy, is this makin’ you nervous?” “I sure do love these cuties.” The other night when we were watching her do her archery I said to her “Zoey, you are scary good at this.” She replied, “It’s ok, Mommy. Don’t be scared. It’s just me, Zoey.”
- She’s so observant. I realize more and more that we really have to watch what we say because she understands and absorbs everything.
So, finally! A break in the sub-zero temperatures. We were two days away from breaking the sub-zero highs record set in 1888. That’s nuts. But this meant that we could sneak outside after we returned home from school to do her photos! Now I remember why I like them SO much more than the indoor pictures!
And these two for good measure…